Prom Dress?

by - 2:00 PM

Hello Nubians,

Though my prom days are far behind me, I thought it was important to talk about a prom dress. Last week I was invited to the Prom Girls "Twitter and Tiaras" event at Dylan's Candy Bar. It was like candy and glitter exploded in a room, a rad time indeed.  

When I was in high school I almost didn't go to prom at all. I was the rebel child, I'm sure many of you can relate. I had a very fuck this! I don't care attitude about the whole extravaganza. But I did go. I just didn't really care how I looked so much. I picked up a little black strapless dress with a little lace and called it a day... It was a very Audrey Hepburn moment... black dress, pearls, white gloves, POW I'm done. Though I don't regret my look THAT much (I did say it was Audrey Hepburn inspired, Duh!) Sometimes I wish I would have chose a more extravagant sparkly, glittery, all up in your face dress like the pretty ones below.
 

I wanted to give all my rebellious high school gems something to think about... because these dresses are AWESOME. As much as I loved my Audrey Hepburn inspired look, if I could turn back the hands of time... I MIGHT go with one of these. 

Anyway, lets talk about this kick-ass event. There was a DIY station hosted by the ever so talented Grace Atwood and a bunch of bloggers were making hair combs and headbands. All easy and fun pieces you can rock to an event like prom.


(The hair comb I made below.)


The event had candy cocktails! Strawberry Nerd Mojitos? #OMG #delish

That's all I have to say about this for now folks. Perhaps I shall return with some fun prom ideas for my younger readers. Till now, you can check out some pretty dresses over here.

Xo Nubia Xo

Follow the Nubia Network on your right hand side, Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments